Thursday, July 25, 2013

Day 41 - Danville, KY to Barea, KY

38 Miles / Day 41 of 50 / Danville, KY to Barea, KY

We had been planning to see my sister and her boyfriend for a few days, as this is the closest I would be to home. We coordinated with my sister Meghan, and her boyfriend Curtis, to meet us down I-75 in Berea.

I was super excited to see my sister, and a familiar face, as I hadn't seen one since the Fourth of July. We had only a few hours of biking in the morning to meet them midday. The ride was gorgeous with rolling hills and farmland all the way.


We could definitely feel the Appalachians coming on, as the mountains started getting bigger and bigger as we went East.

Anyways, after a refreshing half day, we were in Berea and met Meghan and Curtis. We tooled around Berea, and realized there was really nothing to do, so we went North on 75 to Richmond and had lunch at B Dub's. It worked perfectly, as the Pirates were playing the Reds. We enjoyed lunch, the Buccos got the W, and then we went to the movies.

Hilarious movie, I highly suggest that anyone see Monsters University. Pixar really knows what they're doing. It was so much funnier as an adult, as the movie centers around Mike and Sully and their college experience. Truly hilarious. Check it out.

We stayed up at the hotel, got carry-out and watched movies. It was so refreshing to have Meg and Curtis come down and give us one last final push before we finished.

Thanks so much for coming down. Much appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment